DIY Projects: Beet Lip & Cheek Stain – Technique #1
I’ve been experimenting on my own DIY projects. I did 2 beet lip tint/stain using 2 different techniques. I will show you the first technique and will post the other later.
Things you need:
1 Beet peeled and chopped
3 Tbs vegetable glycerin
Double boiler or bowl & pot/pan
Small bowl or jar
Lip container (can be purchased on amazon)
Latex gloves (Optional)
1. Wash the beet and peel the outside of the beet
Note: I like to cover my cutting board with wax paper because beets can stain.
2. Cut the beet and pour 3 tablespoons of vegetable glycerin
3. Put the cut beets in the double boiler for 25-30mins
Note: I don’t have a double boiler so I used a bowl and put on top of sauce pan that’s filled with water.
4. Pour the beet juice in the strainer and jar/bowl
5. Leave the strainer on top of a clean jar or bowl
Note: This will help get as much beet liquid as possible.
6. Pour it in a few small lip containers and used it for both lips & cheeks tint/stain. It last about 1 month and it can last up to 2 – 3 months in the refrigerator.
Different lip containers/storages:
Let me know if you have tried these DIY projects… Please feel free to share if you have other techniques. If you need lip containers, email us for a price quote.
This DIY technique is easy and less messy… Most importantly, it’s natural and no toxic chemicals!
Let us know your results by leaving your comment below!